Zettelkasten (Slipbox) recommends creating independent, Atomic notes so that we can connect it with other ideas and build new ideas. It creates a graph structure. Topic sub-topic format of note taking looks easier, but Usable doesn't always result in usefulness.
- Start with Fleeting notes, temporary reminders of ideas - terms, jargons, examples - like kindle highlights.
- Literature notes are one idea, Atomic, written in own words, explained and written to provide context, even after years.
- Permanent notes are build over multiple lit notes. It's more like a concept/idea note, based on insights from multiple sources
- Lit notes are based on source (one to one) while Permanent notes is around concept (many to one)
- Keyword notes (Map of Concepts) - An index note, a set related permanent notes. Consider it as a starting point, or index of one topic. It works as a bridge note between two similar, but unconnected notes.
- Book- How to Take Smart Notes
#🌱def / §NoteTaking